A day late, but here's week 4 of jabs.
The scale was kind and showed me I had lost seven pounds at the end of three weeks. I'm now back to where I was in the beginning of December when I swore I could get under 200 pounds by NYE, at 202.
I then gained 2 pounds and started the new year a bit grumpy that I couldn't do right. Deja vu, all over again😬. My surgical weight was 204 and when I started the drug, I was 209.
The creep. It's followed me all my life.
I am consuming the same kind of meals I normally would. The volumes are a bit less and I have to force myself to eat the required amounts that are healthy for me; like adding two ounces of chicken to my salad is a chore. I find I hesitate to fill up on my beloved veggies as I need room for the protein. That 1/2 cup of elbow macaroni, three small meatballs and about 1/3 cup of sauce was hard to finish.
After years of dieting I can tell a 1/3 cup of food from a 1/2 cup of food from a mile away. I can split a bagged salad into three containers (3.5 servings per bag,), weigh them, and they'll be with 2 grams of each other. Not all bread slices are equal!
I'm doing everything I did before using a drug, except nothing is drawing me in for a food hunt. There's no sound of cabinets doors opening and closing, or bags crinkling while I sample. No siren calls from the kitchen.
Huh.
I’m concentrating (yet again!) on Prioritizing my Protein… Rummaging through the freezer as I stubbornly refuse to pay $10/lb for stew meat! Found a decent-looking chuck roast for $7.99/lb (ouch) which I just put in the crock pot - P will add carrots around 2 PM
ReplyDelete((Val))
I've been buying just a small strip of chuck and making beef barley soup or stew. We eat so little meat at one sitting I end up freezing most of the pot roast. Costco rotisserie chickens get the best bang for my buck. And beef jerky. I eat it straight, in my salad and even on a sandwich with tomato and mayo. A protein drink, Orgain 30g, chocolate, has been my boosting go-to. It's milk-based and sweetened with monk fruit- no aftertaste.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSeven lbs. in 3 weeks is great! Yes, modifying the portions and types of foods is all part of it. Kudos to you.
ReplyDeleteIt really does quell the food chatter! That’s huge.
Good job and hope you continue to have success.
hugs
barb
1cd
Thanks for the support!
DeleteWoo hoo - Great progress!
ReplyDeleteThanks BJ
DeleteALICIA363
ReplyDeleteWell, rats. Hope this week is going better. Hugs, Ace
It is getting much better
DeleteHere I am again, first chance to check blogs on a Friday evening! Still sounds like good progress with your "new toolkit". Hoping that you're able to do the balancing so you get the nutrients you need on the lessened appetite!
ReplyDeleteIt's a struggle to get protein right.
Delete