The First 48

Not the crime reality show, of which I am a huge fan. Rather, this is how I feel on the first 48 hours.

My needle site is stingy and bruised, I assume from being on Eliquis. That gives me pause for next time. Where can I find a spot I don't bump constantly?

Food is not moving fast through my system. I had a slight burp during the night that hinted of what I ate, noticeable 6 hours after my last meal. If this continues, there will be less spice and garlic in my last meal of the day. 

I'm a bit blah, not nauseous. The side effects included the possibility of feeling like you're coming down with something. Yeah, I have that. I also get that when I take certain antibiotics. I even get a fever with amoxicillin. I'm just a weird creature.

Now for the more interesting part.

Food noise. It's a real thing, and mine's immediately turned off!

Saturday I cruised by the Hershey's chocolate eggs, uh, at least 4 times, to get "just" one. We keep cherry tomatoes on the counter for the same, but healthier purpose. I obliged it as well. I looked for cheese to put on my egg whites. Had a few crackers with peanut butter while making DH's lunch. Olive Garden for dinner where I had 2 breadsticks, salad and shrimp scampi. I left some of the pasta. The last supper so to speak.

Sunday, jab day, things just slowed down, I was busy and had little time to pick, A cracker here, cherry tomato there. I had 4 Hershey eggs as desert. I guess I was processing the meds and they were working.

Yesterday I forgot to eat breakfast until I remembered I had to have something before PT. No cheese was considered. My tuna lunch was the other half from Sunday and I forced it down with surprising hesitation. Sometime in the day there was a  protein drink, 30gms, I've been using recommended in surgical recovery and supported by the PC for the new meds.

I had made a chicken dish using an Eating Well recipe and on Sunday night had a full serving. Last night I had half a serving and I picked at it, honestly thinking I couldn't eat it all. 

No snacks, no grazing, no picking, not even a thought of doing so. 

Huh.



Comments

  1. Yes! TJAT is one of the HELPFUL effects of the GLP-1s. . . it shuts off food noise. Like a 3 legged stool – for success, you have to pay attention to nutrition, exercise and use the med as directed.

    Eating Well . . . GREAT recipes.

    Wishing you luck!

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used so many of their recipes over the years. I've followed the meal plans. Many! Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete
  2. ALICIA363
    Best wishes using this tool to help you reach your goals! Is the recovery proceeding well otherwise? Still have movement restrictions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so much better than I was, food-noise-wise. My body seems to be making those decisions for me: fast food? Fuhgeddaboudit!!! Not unless I want to spend the next day in a mad dash to the facilities, maybe even embarrassing myself... (Bleach being a staple in my household, between me & the pets)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I've still got a long ways to go as far as cutting out the sweets, but as I said, things are BETTER! When I could formerly polish off a whole sleeve of Girl Scout cookies, now I can ration them out in 3 or 4 portions)

      Delete
  4. I'm really so glad you're posting about your journey. It gives someone like me a lot more comfort about making decisions! On to the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog