196.7

Hmm, in 1967 I entered the 8th grade.

It also means I've now lost 12.5 pounds. 😁

This is not an easy road. I started the increased dose this Friday. My choice to move my injection date was a good one. We don't do much on weekends and it gives me a chance to "suffer through" the immediate side effects. I am lucky as don't have the digestive issues some get. I get fatigue and and overall feeling of coming down with something. 

And oh, the lack of interest in food is there. I had to push to eat yesterday and didn't meet my goals. Perhaps TMI, the dinner I ate last night sat in my stomach all night and a morning burp reminded me what I had eaten, untainted with stomach enzymes. That's one of the ways this med works, it slows digestion to a crawl. It's a fight to get all the nutrients in. 

The extreme feelings subside in a few days and my last week on the lowest dose was no problem. Well, not quite. I get dehydrated very easily. There are learning curves for this. I've questioned a bunch of times if this is worth the struggle. DH reminds me I'm doing it for my better health.

The jury is still out, but it's deliberating the loss of 12.5 pounds.


Comments

  1. Well, yes, you have the right focus . . . to better your health. But it has to be hard dealing w/the side effects. Good luck this week.

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALICIA363
    I appreciate hearing the jury deliberations.
    I ran into an article yesterday about a celebrity that tried it and had an awful time, including needing IV fluids. Keep hydrating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog