The GLP-1 judge is considering a mistrial. 

The jury has been deliberating for 9 weeks and can't come to an agreement. There have been all-night sessions of why and is this worth it, to a full bomb scare and evacuation (pardon the pun) resulting in a brief stint in the ER.

What I have to show for the work is a 12.2 pound loss, and a bill that thankfully Medicare and supplementary insurance will pay, or do they not pay for "self-inflicted" illness?

Mind you, that's a good amount of weight removal for any time I've been on a diet. I'm surprised that the week-long disaster with the new dose of not eating and toileting resulted in a gain. It shows my body has some serious survival tactics! I consumed an average of 500 calories a day for the week. Three days it was less than 300. In theory, as I had taken the higher dose, it should have continued to work throughout the week and I would have seen at least a .5 pound deficit for the week.

I'll claim it's water-weight gain. My body is hanging onto every drop right now.

I spoke to my doc on Friday and told her I felt I'd been poisoned by the new dose, which was double the first. She was sympathetic, and asked if I wanted to try a different one, although the chances of reactions would be similar. She's convinced the GLP-1 family may be what I need and to hang in there and rest my body a few weeks. I offered I might go back to the original dose...DH gave me a side-eye at that comment.

I'll wait to see what a week of reset is like. 


Comments

  1. Well, glad you talked about it w/the Dr. but definitely have to listen to your body! Good luck.

    hugs and blessings'barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALICIA363
    What did the doctor say about going back to the original dose?
    I’m wondering if it’s so new and the push to be thin has the dosing incorrect. I’m hearing commercials for ‘microdosing’ glp plans. 🤔 Just thinking. Until Bialak spoke out, I had no idea people were having such severe side effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't "googled" the reactions until I had one. It appears this is fairly common and all very similar. Many people try to tough it out, week after week. and I am NOT one of them. I have to admit, I'm too old and perhaps medically imbalanced for that. The "micro dosing" is a bit of off-label. The standard is doubling the dose for most of the meds. That's why you see a bottle (need syringes) instead of the self-injecting pens. I was extremely surprised as I had no issues at all on the original. Since I wrote this blog, I've heard a few stories of people staying on the "starter" dose and still losing weight over a longer period.

      Delete
  3. I will be interested to see how the "reset" goes, and what your fine mind decides to do going forward. Balance, breathing, and paying attention to what your body is saying! ((( hugs )))

    - Barb OKM

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, my ancient iPad was not letting me post comments? But I'm glad you read Mayim Bialik's essay & have D/C'd the GLP-1. I got a frowny face from my GP last week as I've allowed my A1c to creep back up - I confess, I've been rewarding myself w/too many sweets...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog