I did not go forward with the higher dose drug. The lowest dose is still curbing my appetite and food noise.
I am free of 18.4 pounds.
It's take 14 weeks to get here, a little over a pound a week. I thinks that's an adequate pace and maybe even a bit fast. After all, it took me 30 plus years to gather as much weight as I did.
I still continue to marvel that the little bits here and there, an extra spoonful of this or that could be so damaging. After all, I was not a a junk food, soda swigging, large helping eater. I'm fairly a whole food cook. I eat clean.
DH is slowly recovering. His new platinum coils plugging the leaking artery have proved to work as his CT showed decrease in the hematoma and no mid-line shift. He remarked he hasn't felt "off" or dizzy in the past few days. You don't know how much something affects you until it doesn't.
Now if I could just get him off the couch.
We've finally had some nice weather and I was able to workout in my pool. It felt glorious and I walked/ran (in a circle) for about 45 minutes. You know that statement above about what affects you? The opposite is true. My "new" hip was fine. I forgot about the "old" one needing repair and I limped around the house for a while last night needing an oil can.
Let's talk medical insurance, just for laughs. My 6 hour stink in the ER, in the hallway on a stretcher, no room, plus the ambulance ride, was billed as almost 14,000! That was the most expensive IV drink of saline I've ever had. OMG. Fortunately between being a senior and have great insurance, I have 0 copay. I do not see any justification for such high billing.
I can't wait to see what DH's multiple-hospital, multiple ICU beds, critical transport and brain surgery gets billed.
It's been a while since I've had a trip to the ER, and that doesn't sound that unusual a sum... of course beware, that may not be the only bill that shows up. I seem to remember the last time I was in an ER, it came in about three different bills!
ReplyDeleteBrace yourself for DH's versions! And good luck getting him off the couch.
I'm glad you've decided to stay the course with what's working. Being over eager for faster results is rarely worth it.
I'm still astounded that my 20+ year quest to remove this weight required the invention of a medication to change what occurs within my body (and head). I still see myself eating like I would when "dieting the right way".
DeleteGood that you didn’t have to move up on the med dose and still finding your appetite curbed and no food noise.
ReplyDelete18.4 lbs. down. Awesome.
So happy for DH’s good news. Hallelujah the coils are working and the hematoma is decreasing.
OMG!!!!! A 14K bill for the ambulance transport and being in the Hallway. on a stretcher, . . . lordy. Glad that insurance at least has been ok.
Hope the pair of you stay healthy!
hugs
barb
1cd
I hope your man is improving with his new ticker assistant.
DeleteCongratulations! That’s about the same rate of loss I had while tracking on SP. I aimed for half a pound a week, and often lost more.
ReplyDeleteHope your old hip is feeling better & DH is continuing to improve.
You don’t know how much something affects you until it doesn’t. Word.
Let me know if you find anything that works to get DHs off their couches.
Off the couch? I have found saying "I'm going to Lowes or Home Depot" along with "I forget what that replacement(whatever) looks like, but I'll figure it out." works well. LOLOLOL
Delete