Here I am at week 14 and I am down a solid 17 pounds and holding.

It's not been easy, yet it has. For those of you who know my weight journey, this has been a win. I have one more week to finish the first dose of the pill, and I should increase the concentration next week. I am crossing my fingers and toes that I don't react like I did with the injection! 

You may have read my previous blog. DH is still doing well. 

I think the severity of the issue finally hit home for me and even with the medication, I overate last night, if a 3/4 cup of yogurt as a snack is overeating, and woke up a 3 with a belly that wanted to rebel. A goodly amount of water and some sitting in a chair created the noises that said food is moving, and I felt better. That's the meds slowing everything down.

Lesson learned. Throughout all these medicalizing sessions, I've not looked for food which without it I would have had my head and hand in anything edible.

I think I'm saying these drugs are a win, but lets see what happens with the increased dose.

Comments

  1. Well 17 lbs. is fantastic. And sounds like the oral medication is not as daunting as the injections. That a win.

    So glad to hear that DH is doing well. My DH is 10 days post pacemaker placement and is doing well. Have to look after his blood pressure as he is also on a beta blocker. So . . . onward and vigilant!

    Here's to a good week ahead.

    hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad he did well. I hear living with a pacemaker becomes easy. It's just the thought....

      Delete
    2. Yes! It's a daunting thought to have something regulating your heart. BUT as a nurse, I have seen time and time and time again how it increases the quality of life. Takes time to get used to! HOPE DH is continuing to do well.

      barb
      1cd

      Delete
  2. (hug)
    I appreciate you sharing your experience and analysis. Another tool in the tool box.
    Good to hear DH is still doing well. My man will need a surgery to repair a hernia caused by previous surgery. Not looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friday morning catching up. Good news about both YOU and the drug doing its thing... waiting to see what happens with the dosage step-up. Also good news about your DH continuing to do well. One foot in front of another, and onward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog