My last Blogger blog.

This has been a temporary adventure to keep in touch with the few peeps I enjoyed "relationships" with on Spark People. With the advent of SP part two, I can't see duplicating my effort. So here goes.

I'm starting week 19 of medicated weight loss and am pleased with the results. My weigh-in this week is the same, 21.5 down. None of my dress clothes fit. Everything has been donated. Yoga pants are very forgiving as are t-shirts.

What I've learned to date: 

Good food is better than crappy food. Think boxed, take out, delivery, drive through, and ready to eat frozen meals. 

I don't need "something". I need healthy things and had better keep them handy. I used to open the cabinet and stare inside, trying to find what I want. Now I decide what I want at the grocery and have it ready. 

My meals are waaay smaller than previously prepared. 

Old habits are triggered even if the "food noise" is reduced. I prepare my DH's food. The smell of toast is like perfume. I'll be toasting a slice for myself and slathering butter like nobody's business if I don't put my mental foot down. Then I need to rearrange my daily plan, which I wouldn't have had to if I'd stuck to the plan. At least now I have a plan!

I am not making work-around foods for things that I enjoy. I went to a Thai restaurant for lunch with a friend and ate the appetizer and some of my meal. I had enough leftover for another meal and did not feel deprived as it was exactly what I wanted, not a "fake" substitute. 

So, on to week 19.



Comments

  1. 21.5 lbs. down. Awesome!

    YES! I check my pantry/fridge/freezer, make my menu for the week and the grocery list. Then just go down the aisles that have the foods I NEED. If something doesn’t jump in your cart, then it’s not going to get to your pantry/fridge/freezer and tempt you.

    It is good to have a plan. Good luck!

    Good for you enjoying the Thai meal and not depriving yourself. We used to go to our local diner every Saturday morning and I would automatically box ½ the meal right away. And had no temptation then to overeat AND had another meal.

    Good luck

    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bye bye blogspot, hello SP2! See you over there ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I will miss your Blogger entries - I will continue to use my "long form" brain dumps as it does help me organize my thought processes...
    Also, my ancient iPad won't download the new SP website, so I'll be stuck on either my phone or my desktop (as always, it's good to be the Boss! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a new iPad! I sent you an email or two. Winnie received her surgery and the mass was benign! It also stretched her skin so much that the vet was able to piece her leg together in perfect form. Thanks for all your help.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog