Here I am staring week 3.
The scale pronounced me down 5.2 pounds in two weeks.
If I were on my own and vigilant, I might have been able to lose that on my own. I might have been able to avoid hitting the kitchen cabinets for snacks. Perhaps I'd be more appreciative as to how much I'd put on my plate. I'd avoid trigger foods because, well, they trigger.
I have little desire to rummage around to find something to munch. I put back half of my breakfast yesterday and had the rest for lunch. I discarded the last few tablespoons of tuna salad as I had no desire to eat it. I had one of my favorite pizza slices for dinner and in a fit of "OMG this is good", found the smallest slice left and ate it, too. I was uncomfortable all night and probably won't try that again.
This is chemical behavior modification doing it's thing.
I drink a LOT, something I never did. I always took my water like my whiskey: straight, no ice. Electrolyte powder is now a thing for me. I search for water.
The expected side effects aren't horrible, yet. I'm on the lowest dose. I get chilled and feel a bit foggy the first few days. I've not had any nausea or headaches but an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach that is hard to describe. Kind of like gas that has nowhere to go. TMI, burping lets me know what I ate many hours ago as things empty slower, as in my discomfort with two pieces of pizza.
The unexpected side effect that concerns me is I noticed my heart rate has elevated a bit on the drug, thanks to using my Fitbit. The actual rate is not the concern as I've barely got a pulse on a normal day, but what other things is it doing to my medications? I see my doc on Friday to discuss those things.
I'm envisioning this to be like having a food guard in my kitchen who would block me or smack my hand if I reached for something to eat. Except now I walk in the kitchen, shrug my shoulders and walk away.
That tummy feeling you describe is common. The GLP-1's slow down GI motility, so that feeling is not unusual. Small, light meals, especially on shot day, are helpful. Good luck as you continue your journey!
ReplyDeletehugs
barb
1cd
Thanks, that's just what I do!
DeleteALICIA363
ReplyDelete❤️ Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m learning a lot! Glad the doc can weigh in (oops, accidental pun!) on Friday.
That vague, semi-nauseous feeling of "disquiet" sounds similar to the side effects I experienced when I took Wellbutrin...
ReplyDeleteI will be interested in what the Doc and you discuss on Friday, what responses there are to your concerns. I'm always concerned about adding drugs to the mix, and have so far successfully kept things minimalist for the issues that crop up in my own life.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for a good week 3!
Turns out I was off on timing. I see her next week. In the meantime, I'm down a total of 7 pounds.
Delete7 lb sounds like a good result for 3 weeks.
Delete