Here I am starting week six.

I lost no weight. I was expecting to see something. It feels like deja vu. I loose, I plateau. I (eventually) regain.

I am not discouraged. I've been doing it incorrectly these past few weeks. I'm not eating enough. How many times have I heard that from experts and lay-persons? I should shoot for 1200 calories. 

I've use Cronometer to track my food and fitness, and I have been obsessive. I thought my daily average of calories was 890-1000, I knew that was low but I've felt fine. Creating meals has been problematic, for one because I feel so out of touch with food, and for another, life has gotten a bit messier here. No details for you.

What I was doing wrong was not reviewing my intake! Lo and behold, it appears I'm starving myself!

I was paying attention to my protein and water intake but not the overall picture. What's missing here is my caloric expenditures, and that's been pretty high. I've run an average of 600 calorie deficit each day. I'm back in strength training again, overall gym work, house and yardwork and am opening my pool. I just got new exercise equipment for the pool.

I have to spend some time creating recipes that are more calorie dense. On review, the better days included things like butternut squash ravioli, chick pea pasta with meatballs and sauce, or beans and rice. 

Overall, this shows I was getting quite a few extra calories during my trolling in the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator. My stress-eating is gone, and that's a huge win.

Old dog, old tricks. 






Comments

  1. Well, it certainly is natural, as you know, for the body to have plateaus. So ... glad you're doing all right though. Yes, try not to be discouraged.

    Wishing you luck going forward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stress doesn't have to involve eating to put pounds on. I'm thinking you already knew this. But with life being a bit messy...

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALICIA363 Thinking of you. Hope this week is going as well as it can. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to everyone! This week's weigh-in should be ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog