I'll take it.
The scale told me 199.4 this morning, so I'm still in Onederland.
I grumbled quite a bit yesterday to DH as this particular injection, my 5th, knocked me down. Last week's barely registered on the uncomfortable scale. I sat under my heated throw and dozed or did my volunteer job on the computer all day. I changed my shot day to Friday as the first two days make me sluggish and a bit "aware" of my stomach, although not nauseous. It was interfering with my Tuesday trainer workout.
I follow Dave around like a puppy and let him set the weights. To my delight, he added 10 pounds to my glute pushback and I didn't notice. Pre-surgery I was kicking 50 lbs, last week I hit 35. I'm getting there. Apparently I'm impressing him. The rest of my workout he's tweaked and I couldn't tell you what I was doing, but the DOMS are awesome the next day.
For those (3 or 4) who know me, have I ever mentioned the family ties to exercise? DNA results show I have gene for endurance, am likely to get stronger easier than most, and am highly competitive (I'm a closet competitor). These traits come from my dad's side. His grandfather declared his occupation on his marriage record in 1885 as instructor of gymnasium! It's also on the 1900 census as well.
Alas, I got Mom's family fat genes, but also the nice skin ones😁.
Suddenly my new hip feels like my own. I rarely get a twitch or tightness that says hey, I'm bionic. Still having a bit of weakness on the one section, but not as bad as it was. I can go up stairs with ease.
Non-scale victory. I pulled on my hiking shorts from 2005 and they were loose!
Yay me💪
Sounds like you're still making progress w/the shot. Good. And glad the hip is feeling like YOU! Takes awhile!
ReplyDeleteHere's to continued success.
hugs
barb
1cd
Thanks, Barb. You're comments are appreciated.
DeleteALICIA363
ReplyDeleteYay, you! *insert sparkppl cheerleader emoji here* 🎉
Sweet!
DeleteWoohoo! On so many fronts. My DNA results also indicated the endurance gene. I don't remember noticing whether the competitive one was there, but clinical evidence would indicate it is, or I wouldn't be so proud of my triathlete efforts.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that this is turned out so well for you.
Thanks!
Delete