Please enjoy the fathers in your life today and the memories of yours. Memories and words of my dad are frequently evoked, as he had a wonderful impact on all our lives. Right now his ashes are fluttering in the current political upheaval.
Here I am, I think this is week 11, in my current weight loss quest. My numbers are holding steady, still around 13 pounds down. Without the benefit of GLP-1 drugs, I'm noticing food. I've opened the refrigerator looking for "something", but have so far left empty-handed. I also think about what I might have in a next meal, which was a quality missing when on the drug.
Interesting.
I've invested some effort in recipes that are high protein and storable for several day's meals. I've mentioned before, I like the Eating Well website. You can adjust the servings of a recipe by the click of a button, no calculations necessary.
Yesterday I made a tofu and zucchini picatta, a play on chicken picatta, with chickpea pasta. I marinated the tofu in lemon and garlic, grilled it and the zucchini, not per the recipe, then followed instructions in the kitchen. Instead of making two servings, I felt it was three based on the portions I have been eating up to now. Winner, winner, I made three dinners.
Next up is sweet potato(yam) smothered in a chickpea/tomato jam with a garlic yogurt sauce. I won't follow that to a T either. The yam will be mashed in patties, thus smaller portions.
I continue to keep to the smaller portions and higher protein foods. I asked my doctor if she would prescribe the GLP-1 pill for me. The half-life is much less than the shot, so if I react, I can recover sooner. There appear to be other benefits to taking these class drugs. I found this in a scientific abstract:
The unexpectedly broad benefits of GLP-1 medicines now extend to reduction in rates of heart failure, stroke, myocardial infarction, diabetic kidney disease, metabolic liver disease, osteoarthritis, peripheral vascular disease, and obstructive sleep apnea...
And I still could use some help in the kitchen.
Good luck. I hope you can get on a GLP 1 pill. It does have many benefits.
ReplyDeletehugs
barb
1cd
You have been traveling a path as a trailblazer for those of us who read. Hope the pill version, if your doc does put you on it, helps with more than one issue!
ReplyDeleteI'll let you know!
DeleteI dunno why my old iPad is not longer allowing me to leave comments (have to use my work computer - hey, it's good to be da boss!)
ReplyDeleteLast weekend was a somber one for me: my dad has been gone 7 yrs now, and last FD weekend I spent at the coast getting my dear friend Charles set up for hospice care (he lasted about 2 wks as we lost him on the 4th of July). This reminds me to reach out to his friend/executor Joe to see if he's ever going to organize that "not-quite-a-memorial" service - if he's not, I guess I will just host my own Party of One...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteDad's voice has been stilled for 14 years now, yet I can still hear it...
Delete