It's mid-week and I have a slight update for the curious.
I took a chance and stepped on the scale. 198.5, so I'm still loosing on the initial dose.
I have no idea how I will do on the next higher one. It's the therapeutic dose. Well, heck, my appetite's been whacked with the initial (get used to the feeling) one! I still walk into the kitchen and act like a dog with a stuffed up nose. No sniffing around cabinets. I'm game to try it in hopes that most of it is the mental food police, not the stomach upset reaction. I now find certain things give me exceptional heartburn, easily treated with a bubbly drink or antacid tablet; whatever brings on a burp.
I've been hit with days of exhaustion. Yesterday at the gym, I got my trainer to go along with my idea of 2 sets of each exercise instead of three. I went through the paces, but ended up having to sit for straight and hammer bicep curls. I just felt wiped, if wiped is spending an hour exercising then finishing with 7.5lb weights for arm work.
I'd say I just have a higher bar for myself, but I think not. I went home and did not much for the rest of the day, although after a nap I managed to cook one set of meals for freezing.
Speaking of meals, I highly recommend the "Eating Well" recipes. I've found so much that works for me on their website.
Thanks for reading, you lovely ladies.
Great job! Yes, the quieting of the food noise is so good.
ReplyDeleteOh I LOVE Eating Well recipes. May not follow them exactly, but sure a good road map to good food that’s healthy.
Hugs and good luck!
barb
1cd
I modify them also. They have great meal plans...not that I've followed them well!
DeleteI will have to look up the Eating Well site. If it helps with your heartburn, maybe it's a good thing for me to try, too!
ReplyDeleteI have been waving off the trainer since March, because of "the other issue". I'll e-mail deets. Things have been pretty good for three weeks now, but I'll wait for the deck work to be finished before I think about going back. Ember is walking farther these days, but I do need to get the weights back into the mix. Whether I do it at home, join a more conventional gym, or return to this particular trainer is yet to be determined.
Don't get mixed up. The heartburn is relieved by "diet" soda, seltzer or Tums. I've belonged to a gym most of my life, except for the 5ish years I used the one at work that had all the good stuff. What a gym! I need to see something shiny across the room to attract me to another exercise in another area to keep moving. I'm like a honey bee!
DeleteOh! Two different issues! OK.
DeleteALICIA363
ReplyDeleteThanks for writing, you lovely lady!
Did Eating Well used to be Cooking Light about 40 years ago? I have several of their recipes still on hand.
Best wishes on continued success and the management thereof 🤗❤️
The amount of work put into it may be the same stuff, rebranded. Just search for Eating Well meal plans. The recipes are all there and since I cook for one, they use a full batch of a meal over a week...no leftovers. Like Barb#1 above said, I don't follow them exactly either and substitute with my preferences, usually the protein or veggies.
DeleteThanks for the recipe-website recommendation... I'm going to make my "Darwinian" beef recipe again if I can ever find budget-friendly steaks that won't break the budget! I refuse to pay more than $10/lb for poor quality (which may mean that I just go without)!
ReplyDeletehttps://eatshistory.com/charles-darwins-strange-food-habits-beef-collops-from-mrs-darwins-1839-recipe-book/
Interesting history and recipe. I might try it.
ReplyDelete