I guess it's time for my weekly update. My weight has remained the same, and thank goodness! In addition to caring for my recovering spouse, I had control of a teen and a pre-teen for a few days while their mom and dad took a break. The eldest is on a trip with a classmates so it was the younger grandkids. I also had their dog!
Poor doggie has a non-malignant tumor on her leg that needs constant bandaging and she needs to be a bit drugged to keep her from "worrying" it. She plays dead when it's time to go back in her crate. Serious dead. I said let's go, and she dropped and rolled on her back! My grandson videoed the play for his mom. I ended up incrementally lifting/dragging the 57 pound beast on the wood floor by her harness until she got near her crate. I swear she was smiling the whole time. Once near, she flipped over, tail wagging, and got in.
I said Grrrrrr.
Having a 13 year old and ten year old who are bored to death is loads of fun.
Crayons no longer work. Cartoons only work for one. Sports only works for one. Pop is too busy playing solitaire and hinting that since he has a brain injury, he can't help.
Making bread helped for 15 minutes, although the eating of said bread was met with much more enthusiasm than creating it.
I refused to cook dinner so we dined out two nights and Friday was pizza night. The first restaurant was 1/2 ice cream parlor, uh, I only had a scoop. First one in months. The second night we had already gone shopping so there was ice cream in the house. I had more than one scoop. They opened my emergency bag of kisses. I had an emergency.
At least on Pizza night I had one piece of pizza.
I'll call it a win. I can still feel the effects of the medication and ate much less than I would have out of frustration.
My landscaper knocked on the door for a question yesterday. He's a nice guy. He said wow, you lost weight!
He's a really nice guy.
OMG . . . memories of handling a 10 and 13 yr. old. DEFINITELY no fun. Their "currencies" are different and ALWAYS changing. Well, Hershey's kisses ARE good for any kind of emergency.
ReplyDeleteCan't stop picturing your granddog's protestation to try to avert going in the kennel. They have their ways, don't they.
Well, hope the time passes quickly til the parents come home!
And . . . well . . . glad the medication is still helping to avert overeating.
hugs
barb
1cd
Oh, my goodness... entertaining the grands is a challenge when they are "between" like 10 and 13 would be! Love your landscaper, without ever having met him! LOL! And grand-dog is a card!
ReplyDeleteALICIA363
ReplyDeletelol, imagining the drama of the 57 pound beast
I trust mom enjoyed the video
And you survived! And your new tool helped. Back to the everyday, and wishing you continued success (Hug)
Thanks to all for your comments. Winnie is one of a kind. The kids survived and so did I.
ReplyDelete