I know, I know. I'm getting slow at posting trip info. As a matter of fact, I haven't printed my photo books from my 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 trips. I've a photo book from every trip taken since 2002. Sometimes twice a year if we made smaller trips. My priorities have changed, I guess. 

Well, now...our first stops.

Americana in Bedford PA. once made the list as the world's biggest coffee pot. The handle is on the other side. My SIL and BIL as models.


We traveled to Jeffersonville, Indiana in search of other oddities. The Colgate Clock is one of the largest clocks in the world. It works.


We visited Schimpff's Confectionery, since 1891, one of the oldest, continuously operated, family-owned candy businesses in the United States. It was exactly as advertised. Best chocolate I've ever had!



The Big Four Bridge is a local favorite as a walkway to Louisville Kentucky. We enjoyed it at night after a nice dinner on the river in Jeffersonville.


My favorite in Indiana was the Falls of the Ohio State Park in Clarksville. There, the Ohio River bed contains a treasure trove of aquatic fossils from the Devonian period; corals, brachiopods, snails, and others. I saw several fossils I though may be coral. The Ohio was obliging as it was extremely low.



We crossed the river to Louisville for the factory every baseball lover enjoys!


This is the only time I've seen my man touching something related to sports! I managed to find some artwork in the factory; bats lined up to be trimmed. 

This panel is cropped from a larger photo of a backboard that appears to be where paint sprayers are cleared before use. This will be printed to hang on my walls somewhere!



That's the first 5 day portion of my trip, I still have to correct a bunch of photos from the other 12 days! 








 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pictures! I'd frame that 'spray paint' picture, too. Way cool.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to have it printed on metal. Now where to hang it?

      Delete
  3. Love the backboard with paint... artists aplenty! And I have to admit an affinity for the bat collection, very non-Halloween-style! I have to wonder how we managed in the wanderings of my childhood to miss the Falls of the Ohio park... maybe it wasn't on my dad's radar.

    Great photo of you and DH with the Big Four Bridge backdrop, too. All in all, looks like you had a fine time in those first five days... onward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be at the park in low-water as everything is on the river bed. I guess having the locks built right there may have helped reveal everything by displacing some water. We visited the locks, too but it wasn't very picturesque...and not in use at the time.

      Delete
  4. I love these pictures!!! Worth waiting for.

    Love the coffee pot! I love quirky things like this. We have the World's largest ketchup bottle in Collinsville. Illinois. https://www.catsupbottle.com/

    Love the clock too. Benny's dad fixed clocks and collected them.

    Both Benny and I love candy and would have definitely gone to that place. Love old stores like that.

    The bridge is awesome and I love the lights. It is a great picture of you and your hubby too. You both look so healthy.

    We had a tri-level cabin my dad built at Roper's Landing on the Ohio and I have never seen the Ohio that low.

    I still have my Louiseville Slugger from my days playing softball. LOL. They are great bats!

    Love the new soon-to-be wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ketchup bottle is on my list of things to visit!

      Delete
    2. The bottle was an unexpected surprise for us. We had no idea it was there.

      Delete
  5. Oooooo, excellent photography and vicarious adventures! Thank you ❤️~Alicia363

    ReplyDelete
  6. My old softball bats are all aluminum, not much glamour in their manufacture I'm sure... I was leafing through the small photo book I made of our last '19 UK trip (Z's 21st BD & family reunion) but I too, am far far behind on cataloguing/preserving my innumerable photos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog