I've been busy.

Nothing in particular and everything in general.

I took a 4 day trio to Florida to spend quality time with my cousin. Fun, too much eating, a lot of laughs and it's always fun to share memories with someone who WAS there!

Christmas came and went in a flurry of visiting kids houses and being cooked for, although the requirement of a Mom-baked lasagna and bread and cinnamon rolls was enough.

My blog was prompted by remembrance of a very nice man my family met in about 1988-89 in Washington DC. We were sitting in the cafeteria in the Senate building, we always try to vacation like locals, and were contemplating if a person we saw was John Glenn. He noticed our glances and approached the table to chat for a few minutes. We Jersey folks were speaking with Herb Kohl, the senator from Wisconsin. He invited us to his office the next day and we were admitted to his office to simply sit and have a good conversation and he gave us VIP passes to Capitol building. At his behest we were admitted to the senate chamber, in session, where my 7 or 8 year old took a nap. We rode the train through the tunnels. DH and I will be forever appreciative of his genuine kindness. RIP Herb.

Comments

  1. You have been busy in a good way! I would have loved the trip to Florida. Christmas sounded good there too. So sorry to hear about Herb. He sounded like one of the good ones and there are a lot of them now who are not. It always a shame when one of the good ones is gone.

    We have been busy having Covid and prepping for Benny to start the Big Chemo. And we just got our first snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a good Christmas! Different traditions as the kids and grands get older! It's an adjustment, but all good.

    As a Wisconsinite, Herb Kohl's presence will be immensely missed. A wonderful man.

    Here's to all the very best of health and joy in 2024!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. (It’s Val; I don’t know why my iPad is shy?!?) What a coincidence - one of my friends took a spur of the moment holiday road trip to Wisconsin; I really do have to make it up there one of these days! Looks like beautiful country

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog