Life goes on.

Ruth died on Thanksgiving morning and was buried a week later. Sad, but glad to have known her all those years. It is hard to see her house across the street and know it is now empty. 

We had our family party last weekend. It changed drastically as the cabin was no longer well-kept thus not good for us. My sister in law and her husband held an "open house" at their new digs and we managed to squeeze in 25 of the 35 who were available! I was in a food coma for a day. Fun and just what I needed.

Speaking of what we need, here's something to brighten your day. I saw something in my man, that twinkle in his eye, that sparked my creativity....Enjoy!



Who knew I was sleeping with Santa all these years?

Comments

  1. Ooh! You always wanted to be Mrs. Claus, didn't you? Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. I'm too the point where I can't afford to lose any more friends or relatives. Like my uncle said to me. "We're next!" So nice you have a big family and 25 members show up.

    Love the picture!! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know I was in santa's workshop!

      Delete
    2. Very cute Santa. A lot of them are creepy and smell funny. I prefer this guy. LOL.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your neighbor Ruth. Seems she lived a long, good life. And yes, thanks be that you had known her for all the years you did.

    Sounds like the open house went well. As families grow, it sometimes means moving onto different venues for get-togethers.

    LOL! Your DH makes the perfect Santa! Isn’t it fun!

    Hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100 years, and all of them good is quite an achievement. I never figured DH for Santa until the beard filled in.

      Delete
  4. Such a handsome Santa! Love it! ~Ace aka ALICIA363

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just knew you had an "in" with Santa somehow! ;-) ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog