Back to the future.

Happy New Year, all. 

I've been keeping busy will all kinds of projects yet most, in the end, show no proof other than the blanket I crocheted for Little Miss. The very fuzzy yarn was originally purchased for a sweater but as time went on I realized it was too heavy. As she had tried it on several times and once declared it was too heavy, there were no complaints about the change. I found a similar sweater to purchase so all worked out in the end. Now I hope the boys don't want their own personal blankets!

I received my first ever Awwww! present as Nana as LM picked out a 3 'birds on a wire' necklace for me for Christmas. It represents herself, her mom and me. How sweet! She also picked out big red bow earrings that would do better on a mannequin, but I have a feeling my ears will be weighted down one day for proof of love!

I've fallen into a large change in my diet; intermittent fasting and lots of liquids. Some symptoms of diverticulitis appeared after my sojourn to Florida and a lot of good/bad eating. The consequence has been the 10 pound loss of some I had gained over the year. My PC said I could sustain this type of diet for about a month, resume normal eating for a few weeks then return to the IF for continued weight loss without messing up my meds. We'll see. I always start out well then falter. Deja vu all over again.

Life is busy, life is good and everyone seems to be in good health.



Comments

  1. Sounds a lot like my experience with IF, spurred by certain digestive symptoms. The digestive things settled down, I dropped some weight, and I let it go about the end of January 2023. Then behaved badly and gained back all that I lost over the course of the rest of the year.

    We shall see how 2024 treats us all!

    Love the "Awww!" present. I'm in anticipation as "the kids" are making progress on their preparations to become licensed for foster care in our state. I really should stop calling 39-40 year olds "kids", shouldn't I? They are responsible adults, even while they go through the pre-parental jitters.

    Life is busy, life is good, and Winter Storm Finn is starting to enter the local area here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Miss is a lucky girl! I might want a personal blanket. I know Benny does. Just kidding. Don't hit me. LOL.

    So nice that you got some great presents. I have yet to receive a gift from my male offspring and at 71 I'm not holding my breath. He did give me a Duck Dynasty hat they had at work that no one would buy. Do I seem to you to be the Duck Dynasty type?

    I do I.F. but I'm mostly high protein, low carb, high fiber. Good job on the weight loss! I am losing some fluff again too.

    Taking care of Benny after his first heavy duty chemo - kill me now.



    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, for sure! What a sweet necklace and earrings! Yup . . . a display of grandmotherly love requires them to be worn.

    Good luck w/the intermittent fasting. HOPE it works for you if you try it again.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, big red bow earrings, I can just imagine. Snow days are helping me eat better. It’s nice to have work out from underfoot. Here’s hoping the car continues to start and run until the temperatures become more reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also been a not-completely-compliant IF’er for several years now. Some days it’s just not gonna work (although it’s gotten easier post menopause) bcz I have a hollow leg, grabbing snacks all day… But for me it’s easier, knowing that nothing but fluids go down the hatch until “X” o’clock.
    (Val)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog