I'm not much of a Blogger anymore.

It may be that my life has nothing going on worthy of sharing, or, I have been too busy to blog.

Here goes;

I had a small chunk of my upper arm removed in December for basal cell cancer. It did not heal correctly and I had to keep the open wound covered for 3 months. It kept me out of the pool and reduced my arm exercises. It was declared safe about 4 weeks ago. Then...

I'd been slightly ill, first a UTI that didn't respond well to the antibiotic so two weeks of different ones to cure me. Exactly the same day I finished those, my GI tract kicked up. I had a C. diff. infection from being on the other antibiotics. Another 10 days of different antibiotics made me feel well, but the doc warned me I could have a rebound occurrence in about 2 weeks. Great. I'm eating all the right things and taking probiotics to ward off evil bacteria.

The first night on the GI antibiotics, my Fitbit woke me to an alarm that I'd had an A-fib episode, about 45 minutes worth. Next day I saw the cardiologist who thought it was simply inflammatory stuff going on and the antibiotics were interfering with my cardiac meds. No worries, but since you're here, lets do all these tests! I get to have a cardiac CT scan, a stress test and some fancy bloodwork. He said go about my normal business.

Back in the gym this Monday, I got beat up by my trainer/daughter in Pilates Reformer. It felt good until 2AM when my back and other muscles complained. acetaminophen helped. I managed 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes of weights yesterday. I popped another two pills this morning. I still feel like I'm human.

My granddog, Winnie, was so happy to see me Monday, she jumped on me and tore a piece of my hand. Now I can't go in the pool, again!

I've purchased a 6ft high fence to place around my garden as the deer are getting desperate. The abandoned houses (yards) they've been squatting in are being worked on so they've no place to go. Janet's garden is a great draw. Fancy Edison lights are going to top the fence to give my yard a party atmosphere, I think.

Grandkids are growing, DH is doing extremely well and aside from my minor illnesses, I'm having a blast. I enjoyed the heck out of the earthquake in NJ; I live 25 miles from the epicenter. It was quite a shaker. I thought my skylights were going to pop out of the roof! The house creaked in all it's joints and the ground shaking was intense. I knew exactly what it was with the loud boom that was followed by the first shake. I love nature!

Comments

  1. 1crazydog


    Oh my goodness! Basal cell cancer then UTI then c dif. THEN a-fib. Lordy! Let’s hope this is the end of this merry-go-round for you! Good luck w/your cardiac testing.

    Awwww, Winnie doesn’t know her own strength! Hope that hand heals quickly so you can get back in the pool.

    Glad that DH is doing well! That’s a blessing.

    Laughing that you enjoyed the earthquake in NJ. Someone has to, right! LOL Glad no damage.

    Hugs and stay out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you posted. I was ready to send out a posse. Was getting worried as it has been forever. I was going to write to you but decided, somewhat accurately, that your broad shoulders didn't need to hear about my plight toward insanity.

    Your turn at being sick is over. Benny and I have been taking turns, though we are completely masked when out on the prowl which is very little. Lots of nasty stuff going around here. Plus Benny struggles with the chemo every 3 weeks. When he is"better" he makes toys and I struggle to do the work of 3 people. Screams at me constantly.

    I wondered about you and your earthquake. We have them a lot but often can't feel them. Sometimes we can. We had one BIG one in the past that caused me to utter a bad expletive in front of my mother which she never forgot. I can't even remember what it was now but I'm sure it probably started with an F.

    We were reveling in our 2nd totality eclipse in 7 years. This one we enjoyed at home as this one was even better. Plus we avoided the hours of traffic to go 50 miles to get home from ground central. Same ground central as the one in 2017. Extremely rare for this to happen.

    The past 2 days we have had a deer about 10 feet from my bedroom window eating corn out of the new squirrel feeder. It sees us but loves corn so much it doesn't want to leave and just stares at us like. "Mommy!! It's ME!!" Sigh.

    Don't be a stranger. WE need you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I agree! Your turn with this rotation of maladies should be OVER, already! C-diff is nothing resembling fun, based on my observation when a co-worker was struck with it. I hope that it soon is in the rear-view, and sorry about the DOMS from the trainer, but so glad you're well enough to be back at it. You are a strong woman, but holy moley!

    Hope the fence helps with those desperate deer.

    Hugs & healthy wishes!
    - Barb OKM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog