Happy Wednesday evening!

I've been busy. My garden is growing nicely except for the rabbits and squirrels inquisitive diggings. The squirrels have made small holes through out the dirt and tossed seedlings here and there. I have been able to replant them all with success. This will last only a few more days as they tend to not like the bigger plants, The rabbit decided it was ok to elevate 18 inches above the ground in my container and try to make a nest. Or two. Or three. I have removed all. Find another place, Thumper!

Speaking of Bambi...

It's apparent she gave birth recently. She's thinner than two weeks ago and is hovering around a few homes. Here she is across the street in the middle of the day. The abandoned home she used as a nursery was torn down in the fall and today they started removing the foundation so I think she stashed her fawns(s) close by. Maybe in Ruth's yard. Lots of foliage and no one home. 

I found something unique when I went for bloodwork. The Polyphemous moth was hiding from the rain on a girder. They only live about 4 days after emerging to mate..

It was the size of my hand or a medium bat. 

My flower garden, my first real attempt, looks great. The bleeding hearts have bearded my Easter Island head.


I planted Foxglove two years ago and last year it was missing. Suddenly I have several. Huh.


I'm still fat n sassy. DH and I have had some health issues and are seeing the right people to do the right things. Never get a test done when you say "does this sound/look like...?" because they find all kinds of things that are weird. My dermatologist had me do a Lupus test because my rosacea looked odd. The test came back positive so I had follow up tests. Some positive, some not and the rheumatologist decided I don't have Lupus, but...what? My cardiologist got involved and sent me for a scan. It showed other stuff and gee wiz! Everyone says I'm on great shape and who knows why these things are wacky. I feel great, look awesome and have been kicking butt in the yard and gym. Dh is more of a real issue and we're working on it. We ain't spring chickens anymore.

Enjoy the rest of your week.



Comments

  1. Ah yes, the trials and tribulations of gardens vs. Bambis and Thumpers! Your flowers look lovely!

    Yikes! That moth looks very large!

    Wel, glad that, in the end, your Dr. decided you don’t have Lupus. Steer clear of that! Good luck to you and DH with your medical adventures. It gets more interesting the older we get!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like here, you have your fair share of pests. We see few bunnies but have plenty of deer and squirrels. And moths which are major pests. Benny likes looking at them though and thinks those like the one you showed are cool. We have not seen Fuzzy Butt, the deer raiding the squirrel feeder, lately so she may have given birth too. We covered the hostas with netting but a squirrel managed to get in it.

    Love your garden! We have cut back. I am mostly concentrating on my perennial beds and impatiens. Benny has his tomatoes.

    Benny is flailing and, due to that, so am I. Nothing much to do but try to treat symptoms and continue with treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. I will write soon!

      Delete
  4. Zach is so proud of his gardening efforts (which are mostly floral), but he’s got a couple of tomato plants and a beautiful fragrant lavender. His little house has a lot of well-established iris and lilies and a huge beautiful crêpe myrtle in the backyard.
    As for myself, I’m concentrating on alligator farming 😉 as I’m trying to figure out a safe outdoor enclosure for Aphrodite, encompassing the shallow end of my pond.
    (It’s Val in case you couldn’t guess)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog