Apparently I've got a green thumb!


This is my first attempt at okra and I've learned a few things about growing it. Wear gloves. This morning I keep scraping my fingernail over my palm trying to find the spiny thing embedded in it! I also did not know their potential for height and will be trimming the plants in the next few weeks as I've enough towering specimens. The fresh okra is awesome.



This was my garden on July 6. Although my next photo will not show the okra growing on the far left of the garden, be assured it is now about 4 feet high. On the right, among other plants are my sunflowers. On this date they were just about 7 feet high.

We had quite a violent thunderstorm last night and I had to remove one fallen sunflower and shore up the tomato plants that were leaning.



The sunflowers are about 9 feet tall! They grew 2 feet in two weeks. The one that fell was about 6 feet. Boo-hoo! I've not grown them before and considering the amount of space they take up, I'll only grow dwarf varieties from now on!

I'd been in the middle of technology hell for several days but have emerged with only a few parts missing. I got a new phone and computer on the same day. I've sorted out the most important things but have found a few computer items that I need to re-install from scratch or purchase a newer version. Mine and my honey's calendars have merged so I'll have to work on separating those. 

Have a great day and stay cool.

Comments

  1. Wow! That's an impressive yard/garden space! Good luck with the techy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Didn’t realize that growing okra were spiny. Lessons learned, right!

    Wow! 9 ft. sunflowers. Quite amazing!

    Oh no . . . new phone and computer on the same day. That would definitely be techie hell for me!

    Enjoy your impressive garden! Looks great! Glad not too many casualties from the storm.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden looks awesome. I have not been out to ours at all this year. Too many ticks and weeds I didn't want to raise one with hubby being so sick but he planted what he wanted anyway. It's nice to have a garden. I have my flowers in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog