Things continue to improve in the house of OJ.

My DH feels a better, although he can't explain how. He has a bit of pep, doesn't feel blah, and is interested in doing things. It's amazing how you improve when your heart gets it's own circulation going!

This week is a light flurry of activity as we are going on one of our wandering vacations next week, doctor approved. Flying to the mid-west with our ever-present siblings, we will be hitting 5 states in a road trip to add to our respective maps. Once this trip is done, I've got 8 states to go, then I've done something in all 50 states!

Our pinky-sworn requirement is that we've got to do something touristy in each state. I started this attempt by insisting on National or State parks, but sometimes they weren't accessible to our trip. I settled on something less lofty but interesting in each state. This trip we'll pass through a small park in Illinois to a Native American burial mound, one of many I've seen listed in National and State parks throughout the  country yet this one is in a small city park in East Dubuque. We'll pay a small homage to those who are below then carry on in hopes we haven't offended any spirits by using this for our stop in Illinois. 

Of major interest to some people, is the stop we are making in Lincoln, NE. Sure, we'll be seeing things like The Golden Spike Tower, a huge railyard ,and Carhenge, the homage to Stonhenge made of cars in other parts of NE. But of keen interest is our lunch date with Barb(OKM) and her sister, Alicia(Alecia363)! Barb and I have met IRL in Boston, back in the running days. I missed seeing her and Alecia when they came within 40 miles of me at the NY Marathon as my back went out and I couldn't do the train ride. 

Now they and my family get to meet and share some time before we head on to more natural and unnatural wonders. 

Who else but me would include the SPAM museum and Corn Palace in their trips? 

Comments

  1. Oh that's awesome that DH is feeling better. Have a safe, WONDERFUL trip, and of course, a WONDERFUL visit w/OKM and Alicia~!

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise you will love the Corn Palace, it's right up your interest alley. The kids brought me back an ear of popping corn when they went a couple of years back, and being me, I followed the directions on the package to pop it on the ear in the microwave! So totally cool for a "science experiment"!

    Very much looking forward to finally meeting your DH and "ever-present siblings"! And I still have a photo you took of me in Boston among my top favorites of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALICIA363
    So looking forward to it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! Can’t wait to see those photos…
    (Val)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog