I figured it was about time to show your what I've been up to again.

We took another long road trip, this time flying to Minneapolis, MN, creating a circle through six states with our travel companions. Our goal is to visit all 50 states. I've nine to go. Whew!

So, for your viewing pleasure, here is the first installment of vacation opportunities.


We arrived via Minneapolis to stop in the town of St. Peter to see if we could get into the renowned pearly gates. Alas, my name is not yet on St Peter's list although my DH thinks he's good to go!


We stayed in the lovely town of Mankato. Our first stop was Kasota. DH and his brother were completing a bucket list of DH's to drive army tanks! I was the plus one so I got to ride not once, but three times! I followed policy and did not take any pictures during the ride as they would have shut down and carted me away had I done so. Safety first. Besides, holding on in the turret was a requirement of two hands. Bumped bruised and very dirty we enjoyed this adventure.



Next on the list was working our way to Wisconsin via some small, entertaining attractions.

The Jolly Green Giant sculpture in Blue Earth was one of my needs and it came through spectacularly.


Next came the SPAM museum which was much more than I anticipated. I learned a lot about the WWII history of the factory. I just knew it as my mother's staple for one day a week in our house. Here's an action shot of DH finding how fast he can prepare a can of SPAM.




Who doesn't love a good water tower? Rochester MN.


We took a paddle boat tour in LaCrosse, Wisconsin on the Mississippi. 


And stopped by a few oddities on our way to our next stop. The worl'ds largest six-pack, Lacrosse.

Sunny the Sunfish, Onalaska, WI

For some fun, we watched a barge unit go through a lock. We spoke to the bargemen as they worked and learned a bit about what is a grueling job.

We stopped in East Debuque, Illinois to see the Indian Burial Mounds Gramercy Park, an Illinois Natural Heritage Landmark.


That covers the first four days of our tour!

Comments

  1. What wonderful travels and is it crazy when I saw this I missed you 💔! Love seeing your smiling faces and all the fun roadside attractions. Hope DH continues to feel well. Only 9 states to go - impressive! 🤗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog